A Parent & Carer’s Guide to School Attendance
Being at school is a very important part of any child’s life. It enables them to learn, to make friends, to gain important knowledge and to develop a variety of skills which will prepare them for adult life. School and parent/carers are partners in making this a success. As parents or carers it is your legal responsibility to make sure that your child makes the most of this opportunity by attending regularly and aiming for at least 95% attendance.
|Did you know?
· 100% = 0 days learning missed
This is the expected level of absence that should be aimed for.
· 98% = 4 days learning missed
· 97% = 6 days learning missed
· 96% = 7.5 days learning missed
Cause for Concern
· 95% = 9.5 days learning missed
· 94% = 11 days learning missed
· 93% = 13 days learning missed
· 92% = 15 days learning missed
· 91% = 17 days learning missed
· 90% = 19 days of learning missed
At this level of absence your child will be classed as a persistent absentee.
· 85% = 28.5 days of learning missed
· 80% = 38 days of learning missed
At this level of absence the Education Welfare Service will be involved.